.Monday, January 31, 2005 ' 10:45 AM Y
=x
Anyone watched tv last night? There was a 10 yr old boy on the news who died of dengue fever. Kinda sad..I hope he went to heaven. I'm sure some of you know bt my dengue fever experience. Will tok bt it later.
Not very much stuff was on durin C.G today cept reuben keeps thinking that I like Xi Min emotionally which is quite untrue, though it remains to be seen. She is older than me ok. And bryan irritated me the other day. Chances of me walloping them the next time I see them is 99%.
[ Sports day! Yea hah! 6c was the favourites to get 2nd or 3rd after we blaazed through the sort of prelim thing. Today should be a pushover.
But our race was such a long wait...i could hardly stand it. We were lying out near the field waiting for our race in the hot sun. Bt half an hr I think. It was then a sudden vibration and coldness..a thang of weakness and lack of strength seeped in. The first part was trying to stay awake...
Our race started, and becuz my legs had become m=numb and weak we came in 4th. Hopeless. Watching the other races gave me energy to concentrate as well as playing games with ida while the teachers were not looking. When we went home, all seemed well, until I got on the school bus.....
When I reached home, I told Mum i was ttired and needed to sleep. I had to take a shower first. The heat of the shower made me drowsy and I nearly collapased. I did 5 counts of 4 jumping jacks and finished my shower. Awake again.
But no more than 1/2 hr later I felt thangs of weakness agaain. I fell asleep the moment I hit the bed...
I woke up. 7.30. I had been sleeping for 61/2 hrs!! And still I felt drowsy. trying to get up took me 20 min. And itches started running down my body...
The next morning i could not move. Nearly immune. As in seriously, I strugled to walk. I collapsed. Then heat and pains started to inflict. It was just the beginning of dengue fever.........which kept me absent for a week during the prelim exams...]
Some blood tests were taken, there was a high lack of blood and i was very frail. I could not taste any chicken rice unless it was deep fried. The only burger i could take was Mc spicy double. Food was hardly consumed. I ate half a slice of bread as breakfast and lunch as i could eat no more after that. There was constant medication, nights where my parents would wake up to give the medicine, even my dad, which i was quite impressed by since he usually doesn't. I suffered terribly for 1 week and always wondered if I was going to die...but hope still reigned.
I guess the experience has been painful but it was learning too. I understand that people really care for you when you go through hard times, and the ppl you think don't care actually care for you more than you ever knew. I guess they understand it could have been worse.
Later, the doctor told me it was a C type dengue fever which is divided into the different sections etcetc. C type is usually not so severe but mine was one of the highest cases of the C type. But i didn't have to go to a hospital. Praise the Lord.
Speaking of which, i found out Xi Min hasn't told her parents she has accepted Christ. i hope they will understand. Ah heck...that's it.
Bye!